[SQU] FTP proxy

From: Ian Spare <Ian.Spare@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:50:15 +0200

We've recently installed the Trend Virus Wall software for HTTP scanning and
there's some small alteration for clients in the way FTP connections are
seen by the clients. I wondered if getting our top-level Squid caches to use
the FTP proxy as supplied by Trend would help, in fact I'm fairly sure it
would.

However, I can't see anyway to get Squid to use an FTP proxy using the
user@host method of using a proxy. But I do see in the code there is some
provision for an FTP proxy but this doesn't seem to be used at present.

Can someone fill me in about this before I hack around myself?

Ian