Re: [SQU] Cannot access Mail servers

From: Andrew Lowe <andrew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:18:20 +1000

We had a similar problem with Outlook Express on a Mac. At first it seems
that it is not a squid problem at all being a mail problem.. because squid
does not work for POP3 or SMTP. However it is.. Outlook had some setting
telling it to use a proxy server to connect, and had our proxy in there
(dont know how, it just got there by "Magic Microsoft Madness"... anyway to
fix the problem just turn off the proxy in Outlook or the mail program you
use, because squid does not proxy mail, only http...

Andrew Lowe