[SQU] Cannot access Mail servers

From: <ash01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:01:15 -0400

Hello,
I have installed squid on Linux Suse6.4. It is working perfectly well.
But none of the mail clients on the pc's on my network can access pop3 servers. None of them can send any messages too through smtp servers.

There are no error messages.It just says contacting mail.server.net and goes on like this. If I directly dial up without squid proxy and try to access the mail servers then there is no problem at all.
Even while sending same thing happens. Contacting mail.server.net and it goes on. With dial-up without squid proxy there is no problem.

thank you
aashish