Re: Squid, WebDAV and the SEARCH method

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:55:34 +1000

Putting the project to one side may remove any issues related to changing
standards, but the issue - what to do if there are large numbers of users
using a draft or interim standard remains.

Take 56k modems for an example of the very same issue.

I think the vendors approach there was sensible.. deliver what is defined or
semi-stable, and as standards get ratified adapt.

Of course each developer can decide...

basically I think a case by case approach is the best method.

Rob