Re: Squid, WebDAV and the SEARCH method

From: Ben Fowler <tech@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:26:13 +0100

At 12:34 PM 6/23/00, Simon Rainey wrote:
>Agreed, but Micro$oft have a habit of pushing new technology into the
>marketplace well before it becomes a standard. Until MS loses its dominance
>of the desktop I guess we'll need to keep up.

Many observers feel that Microsoft wouldn't recognise newness in
technology even it if came with the authority of John the Baptist.

Keeping up with Microsoft, if not an oxymoron sounds like an internet
version of a 'slow bicycle' race

> >Ok. So it is still under evaluation then..
> >
> >drafts are preleminary documents.
> >
> >--
> >Henrik Nordstrom
> >Squid hacker

Internet drafts such as the one referred to here also expire, and this one
expired in January this year. There are two relevant points:

Should high profile open source projects such as squid ever pander
to drafts as an alternative to improving standards compliant behaviour
and performance (I think no)?

Once the draft has expired should we not put the project on one side
until the prime movers have got a new draft in place?

Ben.