[SQU] TCP_MISS

From: Muhammad Masroor Akram <masroor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:48:27 +0100

Hello All

I have a problem, and it may be a small one. but at the moment i cannot figure it out.

I am using "Squid 2.2 Stable 5". squid.conf is a standard one. It is running on Pentium II, 400 MHz, 384 MB RAM, machine.
I have allocated 250 MB for the Cache. The cache size is arond 6.5 GB at the moment.

Now when i browse any site for the first time the access log shows that squid is fetching from the source server i.e "TCP_MISS ....and DIRECT" in access log, which is normal.
but when i fetch the same web page for the 2nd time it shows the same thing, instead, i think it should say "TCP_HIT" and should provide it from the cache with more speed and less time.

Am i doing any thing wrong ?

Best Regards

Masroor
System Administrator