[SQU] Cookies and always_direct

From: Chris Conn <cconn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:04:43 -0400

Hello,

I have been trying to see in the past posts if cookies are cached or not
cached by Squid. Can someone give me the final answer on this one? I
have customers that tell me they cannot access a site because it tells
them they don't have cookies enabled, and the web provider told me it
was due to Squid sending them the same cookie...

Also, is it possible that should documents be already cached and one was
to add an ACL to the always_direct statement, will Squid continue to
serve them from the cache anyway since they are already on disk? I
added the following to my squid.conf on 2.3STABLE4:

acl uncacheabledom dstdomain zone.com

always_direct allow uncacheabledom
no_cache deny uncacheabledom

Yet I get this among others