[SQU] Silly (?) DNS question

From: Mark Plaksin <happy@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 Aug 2000 09:33:45 -0400

Hi,

Running Squid 2.4.DEVEL4 on RedHat 6.2. Squid works great when I used it
as a direct proxy. When I use it as a transparant proxy with WCCP, it
can't resolve names. I get errors like the one below. I tried applying
the idns patch from the know bugs page but it was already applied.

I had the same version of squid working just fine with WCCP on the same
RedHat 6.2 box but some hardware and tape drive problems meant I lost the
install.

The network config did change slightly between the two installs but normal
DNS lookups work just fine from the box an squid is definitely using the
right nameservers. And squid works just fine until WCCP is turned on.

What have I missed?

Many thanks!

] The requested URL could not be retrieved
] __________________________________________________________________
]
] While trying to retrieve the URL: http://about.webct.com/
]
] The following error was encountered:
]
] Unable to determine IP address from host name for about.webct.com
]
] The dnsserver returned:
]
] Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
]
] This means that:
] The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
] Check if the address is correct.
]
] Your cache administrator is admin@arches.uga.edu.
]
] Generated Sat, 26 Aug 2000 20:43:34 GMT by pasta.cc.uga.edu
] (Squid/2.4.DEVEL4)