Re: [SQU] Silly (?) DNS question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:59:54 +0200

Mark Plaksin wrote:

> The network config did change slightly between the two installs but normal
> DNS lookups work just fine from the box an squid is definitely using the
> right nameservers. And squid works just fine until WCCP is turned on.
>
> What have I missed?

Good question. The two (DNS and WCCP) are quite unrelated to each other.
I fail to see how WCCP can have any effect on DNS lookups.

What do you do when you turn WCCP on?

Does Squid work when contected directly while using the same
configuration as for WCCP but without the TCP packet redirection
installed in the kernel and WCCP disabled in the router?

--
Henrik Nordstrom