Re: [SQU] two caches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 23:47:09 +0200

Max V. Bouglacoff wrote:

> Both of them in the same network. The question is will they loop ( that is
> what I suspect ) asking siblings? If so, how to prevent it?

Squid will automatically detect the loops if they should occur and break
them.

If you are worried then use cache_peer_access to deny forwarding when
the request came from the other.

So in squid.conf for rainbow add

acl peers src jumbo
cache_peer_access jumbo deny peers

If more than one sibling, add them to the acl. One ACL rather than one
per peer is used to also prevent multi-hop loops.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker