[SQU] Transparent proxy behind a firewall

From: Bryan Ha <bryanha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:54:50 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to set up a transparent proxy to work behind a firewall. I am
using a binary version of Squid 2.2.STABLE4-8 and using a red-hat LINUX
machine. I have set up some IPCHAINS rules to redirect HTTP requests to
squid. The Proxy seems to work fine with the browser if I set the proxy
manually. If I use Direct Connection however, the requested URL seems to be
truncated. A HTTP request asking for http://www.bk.com/test would become
/test which would result in a bad URL error.

Has anybody come across this ? Any comments much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Bryan Ha