Re: [SQU] WCCP Problem

From: root <jorge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:22:59 +0200

"Diegmueller, Jason (I.T. Dept)" escribió:

> Jorge--

Hi Jason. Thank you for your help

> I have this exact setup in production (as of Friday). I'm not the
> expert, just trying to assist.
>
> Since you say packets are being redirected (I assume as per "show
> ip wccp", and it's showing packets redirected) and tcpdump is showing
> the GRE packets as having arrived .. is it possible your ipchains
> rules are not correct? Do you have a rule redirecting port 80
> to whatever port squid is running on?

Oh, I forgot to say that...
Yes, I've tried a lot of different configurations with ipchains, but at
last I put
only one line with the redirection of packets.

I'll send you my script for activate transparent proxy:

#!/bin/sh

modprobe ip_wccp
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

ipchains -A input -p tcp -d 0/0 80 -j REDIRECT 3128

#end of script

> In addition to that? Do you have the right kernel options chosen?
> (CONFIG_IP_TRANSPARENT_PROXY, etc)

Yes, I had to recompile my linux kernel for that

> Just throwing out some ideas ... If you want, I'll send you my
> config files (/usr/src/linux/.config, /usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf,
> my ipchains rules, etc) ...
>
> Good luck.

Thanks for all