Re: [SQU] index.html and no images

From: dylan <dylan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:39:07 +1000

> > For some reason the proxy shows some bad html (no images) for only a
> > small number of sites. Im not sure what the common thread is but for
> > example -
> >
> > http://www.firstnational.com.au shows me a page with no images.
> >
> > http://www.firstnational.com.au/index.htm shows me the correct page.
> >
> > Is this something to do with how squid interprets cached absolute vs
> > relative links?
> > I have cleared the swap.state files and restarted the server already
> > without any difference.
>

> Squid does not care about relative links, this is a browser thing. HTTP
> does not have them, only HTML.

Yes but the HTML is different between the cached copy and what I get when I
type in the full url with index.html at the end. It cannot be a browser
issue as a user can dial into another ISP and get the same page no worries.
The only way I can get the page to display properly is to type

http://www.firstnational.com.au/index.html

not
http://www.firstnational.com.au/

which shows me an old version of the index.html.