Re: [SQU] Silly (?) DNS question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:20:58 +0200

Mark Plaksin wrote:

> > #Default:
> > # httpd_accel_single_host on
>
> This was the problem. Turn this off and it works as expected.

Well,, using "httpd_accel_host virtual" and "httpd_accel_single_host on"
together does not make sense due to how the directives work. One sort of
excludes the other.

> Maybe this should be added to the FAQ about transparent proxies
> (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html)? That is, change this:

The default is wrong for httpd_accel_single_host. It should be off by
default.

As it is a directive not yet present in any STABLE release (only the
2.4.DEVEL releases) I don't see the need to add it to the FAQ. Not yet
anyway. When 2.4 gets released it might be a good idea to add it to the
FAQ just to make sure people haven't changed it.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker