[SQU] Squid 2.2-STABLE4 hanging

From: Eugene Geldenhuys <eugeneg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 14:58:51 +0800

Hi

It never rains ...

Looks like I may have someone forcing my cache to hang, after
months of reliable service my cache has suddenly become prone to
hanging.

I have checked the logs and the only clue I have is that just prior
to the cache hanging I get the following entries in cache.log:

2000/09/06 14:59:00| sslReadClient: FD 39: read failure: (104)
Connection reset by peer
 or
2000/09/07 11:02:01| urlParse: Illegal character in hostname
'www.lange_devil.homestead.com'

Is there some way that the cache can be affected by illegal chars
in URL names ?

The access.log files holds no clues that I can see.

I have gone to the lengths of replacing the box in it's entirety
including a fresh load of Linux and I still have the same problem.

Any ideas?
Best Regards
Eugene Geldenhuys
MCNE ECNE MCSE MCP

TFX SOLUTIONS -
PROFESSIONAL NETWORK DESIGN ,IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPPORT