[SQU] Prefomance problems

From: <Mattias.Olsson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:49:30 +0200

Hi all!

Im running SuSE Linux 6.4 on a machine with 256 MB RAM and a 650MZH cpu.
But... I have preformance problems...

Wich version of Squid should i use?
Does SuSe Linux 6.4 need any patches?

In some versions cache_dns_program (dnsserver) works, in some it doesnt.
Would I benefit of useing it?

If I download files useing ftp via the proxy server it works super fast!
But when im surfing (http https) it takes some seconds befaure the pages are
downloaded.. and some sites arent even downloaded correctly... it waits for
something...

What do I need to do to optimize my proxy?
Im running proxy 2 proxy connections when Im connecting to internet, but If
i connect localy the internal proxy connects directly.

Thanks for any help!

Regards /Mattias