R: [SQU] Strange Squid monitoring graph

From: Berto <berto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:42:15 +0200

Berto
----- Original Message -----
From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: Berto <berto@fatamorgana.com>
Cc: <squid-users@ircache.net>
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [SQU] Strange Squid monitoring graph

> Berto wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I have a little problem with traffico monitoring under Squid-2.3-STABLE4
and
> > mrtg-2.8.12: mrtg works well with snmp daemon but bad with my Squid: I
only
> > can see a strange graph where there is no peak, only a big mountain that
> > never decreases:
>
> Sounds like you have selected the wrong graphing mode. Most values in
> Squid are counters and should be graphed as such, not absolute values.
>
> Try removing "gauge" from your MRTG graph specifications.

Thank very very much for your very quickly help.
I have another question: I viewed that 1.3.6.1.4.1.3495.1.5.2.1.2
cacheClientHttpRequests generates one single output for every single IP
ADDRESS: is there something that can I use (in mrtg, maybe) to monitor every
single IP ADDRESS cacheClientHttpRequest? I apologize if this question
wasn't about this mailing list.
Thank you again
Berto