[SQU] Multiple squid boxes with WCCP

From: Patricio Luz <patricio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:35:21 -0300

Hi folks,

Currently I'm using a 2.4D4 with freeBSD 4.1 and a cisco 3640 with IOS 12.0.5 and every thing is going fine now.

I expect that soon we should have the need to put a second squid box, amd my doubt is: What is the better configuration for multiple squid boxes and WCCP ?
- maintain original WCCP conf and put second squid box as a parent/sibiling cache ?
- change WCCP conf to look at the two squid boxes, and no parent relation between squid boxes ?
- other ?

If anyone can give their two cents, I would apreciate

Thanks,

Patricio