[SQU] Select Loop Failed

From: Michael Baird <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:58:37 -0400

I'm currently testing 2.4.4Dev, w/no special compile options, no DISKD,
I've had it running for a couple of weeks, and in the last 3 days, it
seems to have killed my ethernet interface, with the error message of
Select Loop Failed, this is written in the user.log, can someone tell me
what generally causes select loop failed, I'm using linux kernel2.2.16,
512MBRam,4x20GB IDE, dual PII-500, 30GB cache, memory utilization looks
fine, not going into swap, it reaches about 70request/sec. It usually
dies at peak request time also.

Regards
MIKE