Re: [SQU] Multiple squid boxes with WCCP

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:32:37 -0500

http://www.wrec.org/Drafts/draft-wilson-wrec-wccp-v2-00.txt

They released the specs several months ago. 44 pages of WCCP version 2
goodness. I was even under the impression when Lincoln was speaking up
a lot more on the list, that there was some sneaky work going on at
Cisco to help implement v2 in Squid. But that may be wishful thinking
on my part.

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> WCCP1 only supports one router I think. Well, I guess it might
> technically be possible to code the WCCP "client" to communicate with
> two or more routers, however I don't know the details of WCCP that much
> to tell if there is any technical reason why this might not be possible
> to code.
>
> For WCCP2 Cisco has to release the specifications openly first.
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Squid hacker
>
> Roy wrote:
> >
> > Agree 100%. Now anyone got a solution for two routers and one squid? How
> > is WCCP2 coming :-)
>
> --

                     Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                 Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances