Re: [SQU] Upgrading Squid and keeping cached objects.

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:10:36 -0500

It's probably not necessary to do anything. Just install the new squid
and tell it to use the old cache_dirs. Maybe really old versions used a
different format (someone who's used Squid longer than I will have to
attest to that), but Squid's from 2 through the latest 2.4.DEVEL use the
same cache_dir format and work fine when upgrading.

                                  --
                     Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                 Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances