[SQU] Squid article and policy routing

From: Randy Cosby <dcosby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:15:38 -0600

We just posted a new article by Joe Cooper called "High Performance Web
Caching With Squid" at DevShed.com. We use one of Joe's Swelltech units and
are VERY happy with it at an ISP I run. Anyone else interested in
publishing more Squid or caching tips?

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/Administration/SQUID/

Another topic: We're running our cache transparently by using Cisco policy
routing. We plug the cache into a switch that also serves most of the
clients. We add a virtual interface to the cache's network interface for
each of the IP networks we serve, so the traffic doesn't have to traverse
the router again after the initial request. Anyone else doing anything
similar? We have a perl script that will check for cache problems and
disable the policy routing as needed. It works great, but could probably be
written more efficiently. Anyone interested in taking a look or sharing how
they do this?

Thanks,

Randy Cosby
nGenuity, Inc./InfoWest, Inc.