[SQU] Checkpoint Firewall-1

From: Andrew Wilson <WilsonA@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:50:30 +0200

I have recently installed Service pack 7 for Firewall-1 4.0. Before the
installation the Firewall was "next proxying" to Squid perfectly.

But since I installed the FireWall-1 service pack 7, images are "lost" when
one browses. Something has gone wrong with the communication between the
Firewall-1 & Squid.

Obviously I first blamed the Firewall-1, but the funny thing is that if I
replace Squid another proxy such as MS-Proxy or Winroute then everything
works again!

So right now I have got 2 proxy servers in the DMZ Squid and Winroute. The
Firewall forward it's requests to Winroute, which forwards to Squid, and
this works perfectly.....if I remove Winroute out of the loop .....thing go
wrong again.

Conclusion:
Firewall-1 (with service pack 7 ) does not communicate properly with SQUID.
Since images are lost, and a "redirect error" often is shown to the client.

I really do not want to loose the functionality of Squid, and uninstalling
the Firewall-1 service pack is not an option for me

Anybody got any ideas?

Regards,
Andrew

The information contained in this e-mail including any attachments is
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient
please reply immediately and delete this message. Please do not make use of
it, nor disclose it's contents in any way. Thank you.