Re: [SQU] Checkpoint Firewall-1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:05:58 +0200

The consequence is a slight performance loss for your clients,
especially dialup clients. However, not by far as big performance issue
as chaining multiple proxies (which also accomplishes the same thing if
the first proxy in the chain does not support persistent connections).

Persistent connections is that the TCP connection is kept open for
further requests. Without it the clients opens a new TCP connection for
each and every object it is retreiving.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker