Re: [SQU] HTTP client fails to receive repsonse

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:32:26 +0200

Sandilya wrote:

> I have a client that posts a request and waits for response. When using
> squid proxy, the http client never gets the response, the HTTP servers has
> written the response.
>
> The data in the POST request is multipart/related. The response is of same
> content type.
>
> I tried making the default in mime.conf to multipart/related. This didn't work.
>
> I also tried making the default in mime.conf to application/octet-stream.
>
> No luck.
>
> Did anyone have a similar problem.

Nope. However I can tell you that mime.conf is irrelevant for this. It
is only used on FTP requests (well perhaps also gopher, havent looked at
that part for a long long time).

Are you absolutely certain that the server has sent the response, and
did send a proper HTTP header with it? There are issues with some
servers where they fail to recognise that they have received the whole
request (see broken_posts in squid.conf).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker