Re: ACL's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:26:04 +0200

Mick Collins wrote:

> I would like to get proxy_auth running. Problem. nsca_auth doesnt exist on
> my machine. is there a rpm that i could install to get it running. Im not
> good with tar files.

Fetch the tar file.

tar xvf squid-2.3.STABLE5-src.tar.gz
cd squid-2.3.STABLE5
./configure
cd auth_modules/NCSA
make

> acl proxy proxy_auth REQUIRED username mick sid russell james

Looks odd. Same thing as
acl proxy proxy_auch REQUIRED

If you only want a subset of your users from the password file then list
those users and do not use REQUIRED.

> http_access allow proxy

> it pops up this screen attatchment above. and it doesnt accept my
> passwd. is it a different password which has to be entered/changed???

Do you or do you not have ncsa_auth running? Without a password
validation helper there is no way that Squid can verify the correctness
of the entered password. To use the proxy_auth ACL type you must have a
working authenticate_program defined.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker