Re: Squid question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:57:38 +0200

Add the two domains to /etc/hosts on your Squid server, with the IP
address of the real server.

Then use the following small squid.conf:

httpd_accel_host your.main.server
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0
acl realserver dst ip.of.the.real.server
acl port80 port 80
http_access allow realserver port80
cache_dir ....

(the ip.of.real.server and cache_dir lines you need to adjust to suit
your setup).

Then as a third step make sure that all replies from the web server that
you want to accelerate is indeed cacheable. If you have CGI or PHP pages
this involves changing the scripts to add a Expires header, or tweaking
Squid by using the refresh_pattern settings.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker