Re: [SQU] Citrix & Squid

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:12:38 +1100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Yuri Sytema wrote:
>
> > I'm using smb_auth for the authentication.
> > Does anyone know how this will work when 20 users are
> > authenticating from one citrix machine?
>
> Does not matter. The individual browser connections are authenticated,
> not the machine they are coming from.

But the IP address of all the users in squid will be the same. I'm not
sure what will happen behind the scenes due to that - Henrik any
comments? You should probably use the NTLM authentication (mentioned
below) or hack on the native source to disable the user/ip cache. There
is a 'just identify' NTLM module that does no authentication to a domain
controller, just uses NTLM to get the username for squid.

Rob