[SQU] More questions about accelerator mode

From: Seung Yoo <shyoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:47:38 +0900

  Hi, everybody. I am a newbie and have a few questions about accelerator mode.

1. Does accel. mode cache without "httpd_accel_with_proxy" option "on"? I only need it to be an accelerator.

2. FAQ seems to indicate that accel. can not cache cgi results:

FAQ, section 20.1
"In such a configuration, the web administrator renames all non-cachable URLs to the httpd's port (81). The cache serves references to cachable objects, such as HTML pages and GIFs, and the true httpd (on port 81) serves references to non-cachable objects, such as queries and cgi-bin programs."

  If squid in accel. mode can cache other Internet objects, why can't it cache cgi results?

3. In the quote above, it says, " the web administrator renames all non-cachable URLs to the httpd's port (81)", and what does it mean?

4. FAQ says that one accel machine can act as a single front end for multiple web servers. How could it be accomplished since one can only put one host and port number on "httpd_accel_host" and "httpd_accel_port" tag?

  Thanks.