[SQU] accelerator mode vs. trasparent mode

From: Seung Yoo <shyoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:02:34 +0900

  Hi, I am a quite a newbie and read FAQs but still have a few questions.

1. What is the difference between accelerator mode vs. trasparent mode?
    They both seem do the same thing with the different methods(i.e., client do not do anything to their browser and think that they are accessing the web server while connecting to Squid).

2. In the accelerator mode section of FAQ, it says that the Squid only caches "cachable objects, such as HTML pages and GIFs" and requests "non-cachable objects, such as queries and cgi-bin programs" for clients, but I thought Squid also caches cgi results...

Thanks.

  Ryu