[SQU] purge tool

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:52:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'd like to introduce a revision of my purge tool for Squid-2

        http://www.cache.dfn.de/DFN-Cache/Development/Purge/

which allows for, regular expression driven,

a) looking what URIs your cache currently contains
b) looking for specific URIs in your cache
c) removing specific sets of URIs from your cache
d) copy-out sets of objects (rescuing a "lost" origin site)
e) copy-out sets of objects with their HTTP headers as Squid got them
   (debugging browser-proxy-server interaction)

I got it to run with Linux 2.2.*, Solaris 7 and Irix 6.5. Please read the
README, and note that there are no guarantees whatsoever - use at your own
risk.

Users upgrading from older versions of purge should watch out for

1) -c now specifies the squid.conf file. Purge will parse squid.conf,
   and look for cache_dir specifications itself. In case of an
   emergency, you can also supply a fake squid.conf, containing
   just a syntactically correct cache_dir entry.
2) -M became -H.
3) new parameter -n allows for the linear mode, one cache_dir after
   the other. The new default is parallel mode, one process per
   cache_dir to process it.

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726