[SQU] ssl questions - to previous ssl question

From: plendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:18:19 -0400

Hello,

Earlier today I asked about SSL and a remote proxy being unable to
access secure sites. The parent proxy to the remote proxy was able to
access secure sites.

Changes were made to the remote Squid 2.3.STABLE3 conf so that SSL now
works. The following two lines were added:

ACL SSL method CONNECT
never_direct allow all

I do not understand never_direct allow all - too confusing. Can someone
explain what "never_direct allow all" means and how squid will now
react? Do I want to use, or need to use, "never_direct allow all"?

Thank you,

-pat