[SQU] parents and siblings

From: plendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:11:43 -0400

Hello all,

I've got a parent proxy and a remote proxy (both running
Squid2.3.STABLE3). The remote proxy uses icp and first checks it's own
cache for objects and if not found, forwards requests to the parent
proxy; checks parent's cache and if object is not found, goes direct:

cache_peer xx.xx.x.xxx parent 3128 3130 default login=xxxxx:xxxxx

In order for this to work, I use the above login option in cache_peer.
My question is, is there any other way to configure squid so that I do
not have to use a login for remote proxy to access parent?

Both parent and remote proxies uses password authentication (we have
users that use parent proxy and different users who use remote proxy).

Thank you in advance.

-pat