Re: [SQU] parents and siblings

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:31:02 +0200

plendon wrote:

> In order for this to work, I use the above login option in cache_peer.
> My question is, is there any other way to configure squid so that I do
> not have to use a login for remote proxy to access parent?

By configuring the parent to not require authentication on requests from
the child cache.

It is also possible to hack the code to pass on the login information
from the client when forwarding requests, even if authentication is also
performed locally, but then the same user database must be used on both.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker