Re: SSL- Squid - proxy!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:36:21 +0200

When running as a proxy for SSL requests, all the proxy will see is
encrypted data. That is the whole point of SSL. The proxy cannot inspect
or even less change the data without first breaking the SSL encryption.

Content modifications cannot easily be done in Squid, but as you have
access to the source it is theoretically possible (and people have done
this). This is however not something I would recommend attempting by
several reasons ranging from Squid fitness for the job to political and
legal issues with changing content.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker