[SQU] What to do when/if caching server goes down when in transparent mode.

From: benl <benl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:46:39 +1000

Hello All,

I've read thru the FAQ and it doesn't have an answer for this problem and
the user guides touches on it but the section that has it is not complete.

http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/x2693.htm

My router is a linux box and I know how to do the packet forwarding with
ipchains.

What I do not know is how to check if the squid server is up, from the
router, and how stop forwarding if the squid server is down.

Thanks in advance.

Ben