Re: [SQU] FTP resume is not suported using squid?

From: ayland <ayland@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:39:26 +0600

Strange...
I`m using GetRight and it is support re-downloading files if it is was
gaped..
I had chek it out by downloading part of file by one Internet connection and
complite
via Squid Internet access...
Try to set up Squid 2.4.DEVEL2

~Al.
: Squid's access.log does not has any record about my download.
: FlashGet (getright like program) send the request as a http get
: command, and tries to continue at 80MB (this is how much
: i managed to download from 650) and it gets a
: http 502 bad gateway or a http 206 partial content error
: and after a while it gives a timeout.
: Using wget from linux gives the same errors (different errors
: for different sites).
:
: ayland wrote:
:
: > Did ya look into access.log file ??
: > Are there any activity from your GetRight session ???
: >
: > ~Al.
: > : Same error HTTP 502 using WGET from linux. This is definitivelly
: > : a SQUID problem. ftp_user is squid@vitacom.ro (my server).
: > : Getright is configured vitacom.ro:8080 (squid port) and it uses
: > : HTML get to retrieve files.
: > : It still doens't resume broken ftp downloads (specifically : red hat
7.0
: > : iso cd image - 650MB)!
: > :
: > : ayland wrote:
: > :
: > : > I think you have incorrect anonymous configuration by default or you
: > didn`t
: > : > config
: > : > ReGet or GetRight in right way...
: > : > Squid support ftp via http. (8080 or 3128)
: > : > and because you should config ftp client in this way..
: > : > And chek directive ftp_user in your Squid.conf file...
: > : >
: > : > ~Al..
: > : >
: > : > : I have a redhat 6.2 server running using squid, with windows
clients.
: > : > :
: > : > : Programs like Getright or JetCar(FlashGet) does not support resume
: > : > : on any FTP site (i get a HTTP 502 Bad Gateway error).
: > : > :
: > : > : Is it possible to configure SQUID to be able to resume broken
: > : > : downlaoad? I have to mention that I have a parent cache
: > : > : configured in SQUID (Europeonline - sattelite to computer one
: > : > : way link, the second link is a direct modem link to a local ISP).
: > : > :
: > : > : I have attached my squid.conf file.
: > : > :
: > : > : =====================
: > : > : Florian Antal Arpad
: > : > : VITACOM ELECTRONICS