[SQU] Elusive Browsing Error

From: Karl Jones <kjones@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:00:18 -0500

On two systems, we consistently get an error going to one particular page of
one site. Someone else running a similar squid setup does not get the
error. We are using virtually identical squid.conf files; the differences
are listed below.

Suggestions?

(I have posted about this before but have made a little headway and feel I
wasn't clear the first time.)

_The Warning_
Warning: Applet Window
FRM-99999: Failed to connect to the Server
Bad machine specification: wf.onebenefits.com:9000
[My note: more detail could be provided]

_Does Work_
SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
Squid Cache: Version 2.3.STABLE2
MS Internet Explorer 5.0

_Don't Work_
SCO OpenServer 5.0.4
Squid Cache: Version 2.2.STABLE5
MS Internet Explorer 4.0 or 5.0

AIX version 4.3.2
Squid Cache: Version 2.3.STABLE4
MS Internet Explorer 5.5

_'diff' listing on the configuration files_
# diff squid.conf squid.conf.2
685c685
< #authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd

---
> authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd
1164c1164
< #acl userlist proxy_auth jeff scott
---