Re: [SQU] Squid problem (surely not!)

From: ayland <ayland@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:10:49 +0600

Hi Alex.
Had you make any changes with cache or swap.state file ???
Chek permission to cache dir..
Try to kill your current cache and remake it with squid -z ..
I don`t havey any another idea ...
~Al.

: Hi everyone.
:
: We're having a problem with our squid proxy. It was working fine until a
: couple of days ago, since when we started getting errors. The problem is
: that the connections don't seem to work well at all: we get "ERROR : The
: requested URL could not be retrieved (Read Timeout)", also, sometimes a
: connection denied. This error is being generated by squid. Often,
: pictures do not download fully either (cut off at some point), web pages
: also stop halfway. File downloads generally choke at about 5k, if not
: sooner.
:
: Stuff I have checked:
: * mailing list archive ;) no-one else seems to have something like
: this.
: * Squid. Tried stable-1, now on stable-4. No difference. Works on my
: machine, not on the server!
: * configuration file. I have copied my (working) configuration to the
: server, no joy.
: * file descriptors. Plenty available, lsof | wc -l counts around 800,
: 4096 available.
: * internet connection. Going direct (via masq) works, through squid it
: doesn't.
: * firewall. Turned it off. No different.
: * log files. Doesn't report any real errors; just the connection closed
: stuff.
:
: There are lots of "FIN_WAIT2" connections, if that's any help. Running
: on 2.2.16, RedHat edition ;) I'm running the same kernel, and squid
: works for me. Not much other software running on the server, certainly
: nothing that should interact. The squid proxy is sitting on the
: firewall, so all the masq packets are being routed through it anyway -
: it's just when we plug squid into the equation stuff starts going
: flakey.
:
: Does anyone have any ideas??
:
: Cheers,
:
: Alex Hudson.
: --
: Alex Hudson <hudson@ID-PRO.co.uk> * Open Source I.T.
: * ID-PRO UK Ltd. * 1 Benjamin Street * London EC1M 5QG
: * Tel. +44 (0) 20 7689 8448 * Fax +44 (0) 20 7689 8242
: * http://www.id-pro.co.uk/
:
: --
: To unsubscribe, see http://www.squid-cache.org/mailing-lists.html