Re: [SQU] Squid problem (surely not!)

From: Alex Hudson <hudson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:45:08 +0100

zhangxch wrote:

> I'am confused a little about your network topology, is your squid proxy act
> as masq gateway also ?

The squid proxy is on a firewall machine, proxying http (obviously! ;)
We're currently masq'ing http through, because squid isn't working
useably.

> you may need verify if it's squid's fault or your network & server's
> setting error. Then it work on your own machine, any difference on system
> or application leve to the proxy ? try to change the role between your and
> your proxy, not just the squid. may your browser has some miscofigurations.

The thing is, it works *some* of the time, so it isn't a complete
configuration error. The routing is fine, no packets are getting lost,
and I can use lynx on the firewall quite satisfactorily. All packets on
our network go through this machine; it's only when using squid as a
proxy that stuff stops working. Squid isn't complaining about anything
in it's logs, although obviously there are a lot of 504's being logged.
The browsers are also fine, since the only thing I am changing is the
proxy setting (i.e., pointing them at different machines).

Thanks,

Alex.

--
Alex Hudson <hudson@ID-PRO.co.uk> * Open Source I.T.
* ID-PRO UK Ltd. * 1 Benjamin Street * London EC1M 5QG