[SQU] Redundant Proxy Config

From: Mike Lindsey <mlindsey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:46:55 -0500

Is it possible to set up multiple proxy servers using squid so that if one
loses its internet connection (i.e. cable modem cycles) the other will use
its connection through an ISDN line to continue to service requests from the
network? I have experimented a little with this idea by setting the backup
system as a child to the system sitting on the faster internet connection.
I am also wanting redundancy in the case of the connection for the backup
system failing that all requests continue being routed to the system with
the faster internet connection. The problem that I am having at the moment
is that when the internet connection to the backup server fails, no proxy
requests are being serviced. Is it possible to do what I am trying or am I
just wasting my time?