[SQU] proxy remote

From: plendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:27:35 -0400

Hi,

I'm looking thru archives and need some direction as to what to look for
in Squid that is comparable to Apache's ProxyRemote directive.

ProxyReomte http://www.support.vectra.hp.com:8001 http:/oddport:80

I don't want to allow port 8001 in Squid, except for the above url
www.support.vectra.hp.com:8001
I don't want to add a rule to the firewall for port 8001.
The appache directive ProxyRemote alowed 8001 to go thru the firewall as
port 80 and then to an outside web box with a virtual oddport:80 set
(tunneling).

Where to begin? Should I look at redirectors, accelerators, something
else?

Thank you.

-pat