[SQU] httpd accelerator still acting as a proxy?

From: Rob Wheeler <wheeler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:08:27 -0700

I have my squid setup as an httpd accelerator, but it still appears to
be responding as a proxy as well as an accelerator.

I'm running squid-2.3.STABLE4. I have httpd_accel_host and httpd_accel_port
set. I've left httpd_accel_with_proxy set to the default (off).

The proxy requests fail the test in parseHttpRequest:

    else if (Config2.Accel.on && *url == '/') {

so they don't get http->flags.accel set, but then in clientAccessCheck
the code skips the acl check because it thinks the the server is in
accel only mode and the request isn't accelerated.

The end result is that the proxy requests get served and I can't seem
to keep them out with acl lists. What am I doing wrong or is there
a bug here? I suppose I could turn httpd_accel_with_proxy on and then
not allow dstdomain to be something other than httpd_accel_host, but that
seems ugly.

-R