RE: Credentials

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:39:33 +0200

> The problem is :
> We have a web server running on WinNt (IIS), and it uses NT
> authentication. So we cannot connect to sites on it using
> proxy, without
> proxy we are able to connect.
>
> Ilker,thank you for your answer , but it was not the case, I had not
> explained the case completely...

It's in the FAQ. The NTLM authentication protocol employed by IIS and
IE is horribly designed, so horribly that it virtually can't be used
across a proxy. Squid can't proxy it, and as things stand now there
is a very low chance that it ever will.

Configure IIS so to use Basic authentication, and you'll be able to
work.

--
	/kinkie