RE: Credentials

From: Tony Gale <gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:39:13 +0100 (BST)

On 13-Oct-2000 Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:

> It's in the FAQ. The NTLM authentication protocol employed by IIS
> and
> IE is horribly designed, so horribly that it virtually can't be
> used
> across a proxy. Squid can't proxy it, and as things stand now there
> is a very low chance that it ever will.

BTW, in the testing I conducted on IE4, IE4 will refuse to even
attempt to do NTLM through a proxy.

-tony

---
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@syntax.dera.gov.uk>
All husbands are alike, but they have different faces so you can tell
them apart.
The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.