Re: about squid and httport

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:41:42 +0200

Dima I. Allaverdov wrote:

> > The browser ACL matches the User-Agent HTTP header in the request.
> >

> httport can emulate some browser type like IE4, IE5, NN4 etc

With the exact purpose of ungoing detection I presume.

Without finding anything that identifies httpport it is very hard to
detect.

Best action I presume is to have a usage policy where such uses are not
allowed, and punish the users who are found to intentionally break the
policy.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker