Re: [SQU] squid does not cache any objects

From: Hoomaan Naimi <naimi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:21:40 +0330

Dear Sir,

> What is your no_cache settings?

We use no_cache for bypassing some sites from the cache. For example:
acl d8 url_regex -i d8net www.geocities.com
no_cache deny d8
We have 11 of these rules at our squid.conf.

> If this is a newly installed proxy then it might also be that the
> clients already have all cacheable material cached in their browsers. If
> this is the case then you will also see that the HTTP status code is 304
> on most requests.
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Squid hacker

Although this is a newly installed proxy but I don't think the problem
arises from here. When I examined a typical access.log,
52% of requests had TCP_MISS/200 status, 14% TCP_MISS/302, 6% TCP_MISS/000.
On 20% of requests I had 304 status code.

Best Regards
Hoomaan Naimi
Afranet Network Administrator