[SQU] Ignore parts of the querystring?

From: Tony Garcia <TonyG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:31:24 -0400

Is there a native way in Squid to ignore parts of the querystring to an HTTP
server? For example, if I have a dynamic page that is located at:

http://foo.com/foo.cgi

And, certain parameters are passed that do not change the output of foo.cgi:

http://foo.com/foo.cgi?x=1 (returns same data as url below)
http://foo.com/foo.cgi?x=2 (returns same data as url above)

Is there a way to tell Squid that these URLs are still the same cache object
(i.e., do not create a new object for each query string)?

Now, to complicate things a little... suppose that only ONE parameter
changes the output of foo.cgi (the y parameter below):

http://foo.com/foo.cgi?x=1&y=1
http://foo.com/foo.cgi?x=3&y=1

These are still the same object since y=1 in both -- the x parameter can be
ignored.

So can I tell Squid to ignore the x parameter, or any other given parameter,
while still paying attention to other parameters? If there is no
configuration variable I can set for this purpose, can anyone point me to
the right file in the source code that determines if the object is already
cached? I am very adept in C and feel confident that I can perform this
modification for my own build if there is not a native way to do it in Squid
already. However, I'm not entirely confident I can find the routine I'm
looking for inside the Squid source without a little help! ;-)