[SQU] Authentication to Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, etc

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 22:53:11 +0800

Henrik,

Before I am lost too far to isolate the problem, here my new discovery of
symptom. I found a new interesting progress of my problem.

As I inform you that problem (looping to ask username and password) in my
transparent proxy. Below is the (header) address of result pages, if I run
in transparent mode (with unsuccessful result).

http://lc5.law5.hotmail.passport.com/cgi-bin/login?_lang=EN&rru=%2fcgi%2dbin
%2fHoTMaiL&reason=wrongdomain

If I type in the proxy address into my browser (IE 5.5). EITHER I put the
address and port to all fields (HTTP, FTP, SSL, etc) or in HTTP field only.
I successfully LOGIN to HOTMAIL. Below the (header) of address of successful
LOGIN.

http://pv1fd.pav1.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/HoTMaiL?n=14230&fti=yes

I already type "hierarchy_stoplist hotmail.com" into my squid.conf. Someone
tell me that I should check my ACL. However, I use the squid default of ACL.
I just change "http_access deny all" to be http_access allow all". I know
that my change is not good for security reason.

Can you tell me the possibility of problem source?

Thx

Best Regards,

Awie
awie@eksadata.com