Re: [SQU] what ports does squid need ?

From: Max V. Bouglacoff <vesemir@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 17:16:40 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Right. Was a bit quick there.
>
> No explanation. Blocking UDP port 3128 has not given any problems for
> me, but then I am not using Cisco for the packet filtering..
>
> Are you sure the filter is on UDP and not TCP as well?

Our Cisco engineer told me so. First he closed all ports and opened only
incoming 3130/udp, 3128/tcp, 4827/tcp and no restrictions for outgoing ports.
After that I stoped to receive any ICP requests but not HTTP. So I had to
ask him to open all udps and tcps above 1024 for outgoing and incoming,
then all started to work again.